Friday, May 10, 2013

Feature & Follow / Book Blogger Hop


Friday Feature & Follow is a blog hop that was started by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.  Each week a different question is posted by our hosts and we will answer!  This is a great opportunity for bloggers to network and interact. To participate, follow both of our hosts, as well as the two featured blogs, and make a post on your blog! Add your blog to the linky on one of the host blogs, and spend some time networking with the other participants.
 
This week’s question –

Q: Happy Mother’s Day! Who is your favorite mom from fiction?

  There are so many great moms in fiction, but I'm going to go with the first one that popped into my mind. The book that got me hooked on reading was Kathleen E. Woodiwiss's The Flame and the Flower. I love Heather Birmingham and how she dotes on Beau. Back then, most women would have used a wet nurse and a nanny, but not Heather. She took pride in caring for her son and being a good mother. In the sequel, The Elusive Flame, Heather is still involved in her son's life, a supportive and loving mother.


Topic of this weeks hop: What was the last book you re-read? Or name a book you would like to re-read.

The last book I re-read was The Vampire Queen's Servant, by Joey W. Hill. I love this entire series with a major passion, but there is something about this book, the first of the series, that I just adore. And it always leads into immediately re-reading the second book which continues Jacob and Lady Elyssa's story, The Mark of the Vampire Queen.


Lady Elyssa Yamato Amaterasu Wentworth is a centuries-old vampire who's been given a new servant-Jacob, a total alpha male unaccustomed to submitting to any woman's wishes. What really binds Jacob to her are not her sensual midnight hungers, but something far more provocative. It stirs her blood, renews her life, and awakens her soul like only true love can. The passion between Elyssa and Jacob yields something else unexpected-a shared history that reaches back through the centuries and is fated to challenge their destiny like nothing ever will again.

Full servant. With his new title, Jacob must attend to Lady Lyssa's every need, venturing into a world of passion darker than he's ever known. As a vampire hunter he wasn't prepared to embrace a world where humans are sexual commodities, but he has adapted. Now he finds the integrity of his soul challenged as he serves his Mistress's needs as fully as he services her desires.

He loves her, though other servants warn against giving her his soul. Everyone knows that Vampires have no regard for humans, so why would a Vampiress bother treating a mere sex toy with respect? But Jacob knows a human servant is far more than that. His Mistress needs a warrior, a friend and a lover. A man who will serve her in all ways, even if he has to betray the priceless treasure of her love.


18 comments:

  1. It's great to see some variety for fictional book moms! Nice answer :) You have a really awesome blog!!

    New GFC Follower!

    My FF HERE.

    -Seirra @ Dear, Restless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy Kathleen Woodiwiss, but I haven't read either of those yet. I love when the women in historicals go against the grain. Thanks for stopping by and I'm following you on Google+ :)

    Traci @ My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't pay attention to the mom in books so I cannot think of anyone for this week's answer. Anyway thanks for stopping by and I follow back =)

    Amie @Magic of Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read these but they sound interesting.

    new follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-and-follow-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to say Hi! And that you have a new follower here! Hope to see you follow mine as well!

    Amber

    http://paradiseofpages.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-and-follow-friday-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this yet. I'll have to check it out. I just hopped by so that I could follow you back!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just hopping by your blog to say HELLO!!! Great choice and I am a new follower from Rotten Apple Reads :)

    La'Mecia@RottenAppleReads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following Imagine a World!
    New follower via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great choice!
    I'm a new GFC follower, thanks for stopping by My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh...I really need to try Joey W. Hill's books. I like the covers. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this mother, but she sounds fantastic. Tank you so much for visiting my FF. New GFC follower :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Lark!

    Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my BBH post! Also, thanks for becoming a follower. I'm following you back.

    I LOVE your answer for the Feature and Follow Hop!! I read "The Flame and the Flower" years ago, but don't remember much of the plot. I'll have to read it again! However, from what you say, it's obvious that Heather was a WONDERFUL mother!

    As for your answer to the Book Blogger Hop, I don't read erotica, so I won't be adding these books to my TBR. However, the premise is interesting. It reminds me of a paranormal series I really like -- The Captive Series, by Erica Stevens. One of the main characters, Braith, is a vampire who takes a bloodslave. However, he is very kind to her, and ends up falling in love with her. She, too, falls in love with him. It's a very sweet, tender story. I've just finished reading the third book in the series -- "Refugee".

    I love vampires!! If they're the romantic kind, that is -- like Edward Cullen! Lol. I'm so glad that you, too, love The Twilight Saga!!

    Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, just passing by new GFC follower here. My FF:

    http://mymidnightfantasies.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-follow-is-weekly-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a book I need to read! I am a new follower via GFC :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a great Mother's Day pick!
    Thanks for visiting.
    Stephanie (Go Flash Go) @ Read, Rinse, Repeat

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never heard of the author before, but I am a vampire fiction fan.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She sounds like an awesome mom! Not too many of them in books these days it seems like, lol.

    New follower by Google + and email :D
    My FF Jennifer @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for passing by my blog and following!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...