Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Novella Review: Highland Heart

Highland Heart
Published By: Entangled Publishing
Publication Date: December 17, 2012
eBook - 55 pages
Buy it at Amazon or Barnes & Noble
Source: Provided by Publisher
Historical Romance

The Good:

* Again, Entangled always lures me in with their covers. Eye candy is my downfall every time.

* Scotland + 1500's + hot men in kilts = MORE PLEASE

* Heather McCollum does a nice job of blending romance, history, and magic. I found myself caught up in this story and was upset when it ended all too soon. I also immediately put Heather's other work on my TBR list as soon as I finished this novella.

* The characters are intriguing and likable. Rachel is a strong female with the gift of healing. Her father fears her power and wants to be rid of her. In my humble opinion, he is a royal asshat. Alec is the epitome of the Scottish romantic heartthrob. He is aggressive, powerful, and delicious! He is certainly swoon worthy.

* I loved the bond between Rachel and Isabelle. It didn't make sense to me that these sisters could have such a wretched father.

* The price - a mere 99 cents can buy your imagination a ticket to Alec's world

The Bad:

* The length - I had just settled into everything and then BAM, the end. Tragic, I tell you.

The Naughty:

* On a hotness factor of 1-10, this is a 4. There are quite a few sizzling kisses, but not a bedroom in sight.

Favorite Quote:

"Life flashes by too fast up here to waste time courting." ~ pg. 49

Overall Verdict:




Englishman who swindled his father. Set on retribution, he’s caught off-guard by the thief’s beautiful daughter, a lass whose beauty and spirit leave him questioning the value of revenge.


Rachel Brindle has a secret: she can heal people with her magic. While journeying with her father and sister into the Highlands, she becomes a prize sought between two warring clans. She must use her cunning and her healing magic to prevent the same slaughter that started the blood feud a century ago. But when her secret is exposed, will it condemn her in the eyes of the barbarian who has capture not only her family, but also her heart?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...