By: Heather McCollum
Published By: Entangled Publishing
Publication Date: December 17, 2012
eBook - 55 pages
Source: Provided by Publisher
* Again, Entangled always lures me in with their covers. Eye candy is my downfall every time.
* Scotland + 1500's + hot men in kilts = MORE PLEASE
* Heather McCollum does a nice job of blending romance, history, and magic. I found myself caught up in this story and was upset when it ended all too soon. I also immediately put Heather's other work on my TBR list as soon as I finished this novella.
* The characters are intriguing and likable. Rachel is a strong female with the gift of healing. Her father fears her power and wants to be rid of her. In my humble opinion, he is a royal asshat. Alec is the epitome of the Scottish romantic heartthrob. He is aggressive, powerful, and delicious! He is certainly swoon worthy.
* I loved the bond between Rachel and Isabelle. It didn't make sense to me that these sisters could have such a wretched father.
* The price - a mere 99 cents can buy your imagination a ticket to Alec's world
* The length - I had just settled into everything and then BAM, the end. Tragic, I tell you.
* On a hotness factor of 1-10, this is a 4. There are quite a few sizzling kisses, but not a bedroom in sight.
"Life flashes by too fast up here to waste time courting." ~ pg. 49
Englishman who swindled his father. Set on retribution, he’s caught off-guard by the thief’s beautiful daughter, a lass whose beauty and spirit leave him questioning the value of revenge.
Rachel Brindle has a secret: she can heal people with her magic. While journeying with her father and sister into the Highlands, she becomes a prize sought between two warring clans. She must use her cunning and her healing magic to prevent the same slaughter that started the blood feud a century ago. But when her secret is exposed, will it condemn her in the eyes of the barbarian who has capture not only her family, but also her heart?