Monday, January 2, 2012

My Book Boyfriend: Roarke


We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.


My book boyfriend is: Roarke

Book he's in: In Death Series

Author: J.D. Robb


His appearance:


(taken from J.D. Robb's website and Naked in Death, book 1 of the In Death series)


*the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome
*narrow, aesthetic face
*slash of cheekbones
*sculpted mouth
*black hair, thick and full, sweeping back from a strong forehead to fall inches above broad shoulders
*blue eyes of extreme intensity, color, and power






Some Roarke facts:

(taken from J.D. Robb's website: Roarke - The Man Behind Eve)


*born in and raised in the slums of Dublin, Ireland
*abused and neglected by his parents

*attained his wealth and power through criminal activity

*gave up most criminal activity for his love, Lieut. Eve Dallas

*loves the finer things in life, from food to clothes to technology, Roarke has the best of the best, the top of the line, in everything.

Quotes about Roarke:

"Not the Roarke! The incredibly wealty, fabulous to look at, sexily mysterious Roarke who owns approximately twenty-eight percent of the world, and its satellites?" ~Mavis Freestone

"You know, I've spent most of my life with a basic dislike of police - for one reason or another. I find it very odd that I've met, under such extraordinary circumstances, one that I can respect and be attracted to at the same time." ~Roarke

"You know Roarke, you're kind of cute." ~Eve Dallas

"I feel good around you." ~Eve Dallas (Those who know Eve know how huge that statement is.)




Why I love Roarke:

Well, aside from the sexy Irish accent (yes, didn't we estabilsh this last week? I'm a sucker for an Irish accent...) Roarke has everything. He's rich and powerful, but he knows what it's like to come from the bottom. He never forgets where he came from and always "pays it forward". My favorite thing about Roarke is how he handles Eve. He allowes her to be the kick-butt woman that she is, loving her for who she is. He doesn't try to change her, but he forces her to let others into her life, to let him take care of her when she needs it, and to accept that she can depend on him to be there for her always.


Who would be my perfect Roarke?

Again, there is no perfect Roarke for me. He is completely in my head. However, David Gandy works just fine for me. (And those of you who know me well know that you'll be seeing David Gandy again. But for now, he's Roarke.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...