Sunday, January 15, 2012

Book Review: Purpose

Purpose
Book 2 of the Soul Savers series
Published By: Ang'dora Productions, LLC (August 7, 2011) 
Buy it at B&N.com 
Source: E-copy Provided By Author
Audience: 18+ Paranormal

My Thoughts:
My first thought was absolute avarice! I was positively gleeful to find out what happened to Tristian and Alexis. I wasn't quite crouching over my Nook, and hissing "My precious" like Gollum in LOTR, but that's highly likely to happen when I get to Devotion. As you can see from the previous posts, my obsession this week has been the Soul Saver series, beginning with Promise and also including Genesis, and Purpose does not disappoint!

We pick up with Alexis seven years later, where she's barely hanging on. She's become a successful writer, a mother to their son Dorian, and an occasional lunatic. The pain and anger she feels is palpable. Tristian has not returned as promised after sacrificing his freedom to the Daemoni save her and her Amadis family, nor has she gone through the Ang'dora, so she cannot go after him. Her ability to produce the needed female offspring to the matriarchal Adamis royal line is brought to the forefront and it's time to let go of Tristian or tumble over into the abyss...

Or option three! Tristian could come back and we watch them kick some serious ass together, show those Twilight weenies how to REALLY break a headboard, and finally become a family with their son.

While I'm on the subject, can I just say, Kristie Cook is as masterful writing fight scenes and heart-breakingly beautiful personal truth moments as she as at writing the love scenes? WHEW! I mean it was getting hot in here! I'm just so over the moon with this series. When I say I couldn't put it down, I really couldn't put it down!


Synopsis:

Lost in despair, Alexis teeters on the edge of an abyss, her lifeline of hope fraying into a thin thread. If it snaps, she’ll plunge into complete darkness. With the help of her son and her writing, she’s been able to hold on. Until now. Erratic impulses, disturbing delusions and her own demonic blood threaten her sanity. When she's forced to choose between hanging onto hope or letting go to serve her Amadis purposes, she faces a decision with inconceivable sacrifices.

Alexis runs to the one place she thinks will provide answers, only to find herself at the center of another battle of good versus evil, not only with the Daemoni, not only within herself; but also against the worst opponent imaginable. But even if she wins, what will she lose?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...