Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Book Review: Being Me

Being Me
(Inside Out #2)
By: Lisa Renee Jones
Published by: Gallery Books
Release Date: June 11, 2013
Genre: Erotic Fiction
Source: Purchased/Owned by Reviewer
Buy it on Amazon or Barnes & Nobel

My Thoughts:
This book is the second book in the Inside Out Trilogy for Lisa Renee Jones. I immediately bought book two after finishing book one just yesterday. It left me hungry for more and book two did not disappoint. It picked up where book one left the reader hanging. I will say thank you to the author right now for that. As a reader, it made me very pleased to see no time jump and a quick continuation into where I was left at the edge of my seat.
Every reader wants angst, drama, passion, romance and mystery. All of which are deftly needed in order to be a successful read. "Being Me," definitely has all of the above. I went through an array of emotions taking this ride along with Sara McMillan. I felt her anguish, her fear, her passion. The relationship with Sara and Chris is one that quite possibly will either burn up my pages or make me want to choke them both. In some ways, they are very toxic for one another but it's a toxicity that is only contained when its together. In other words, it works for them and as a reader, it works for me. It gives an air of believability which I like very much. You are also given much more insight into the devilishly debonair and very dark Mark Compton.

Then we still dance around the topic of where in the world is Rebecca? Who is she and where the heck did she go. Thankfully, there is a resolution for those questions in book two. But don't fret, the talented Ms. Jones decides to throw in a monkey wrench and add another mystery and alot closer to the heart strings of Sara. I won't say what it is because I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

I will air my honesty yet again and say again that book two caused me to compare it with Fifty Shades of Grey. Various things that were certainly on the same level or playing field. Again, I will reiterate that Ms. Jones is by far a better read and her story is all her own.

Overall, Being Me, does not disappoint. I couldn't put this book down. I downloaded it lastnight and by this afternoon I was at the end and groaning when I realized that book three was going to make me wait. I would definitely recommend this series to other readers.

From a highly impatient reader impatiently waiting for September 2013. :)

Reviewed by: Lisa B. (Reading Lark After Dark Reviewer)

Summary from Goodreads:
 The sexy second installment in the Inside Out erotic romance trilogy, following If I Were You—in the seductive tradition of Fifty Shades of Grey.

Fascinated by the dark fantasies in the journals she’s discovered, and the two men who have now found a place in her life, Sara McMillan finds herself torn between her new life and her past. Now, more than ever, Sara identifies with the lost journal writer, Rebecca, and is certain that something sinister has happened.

In the arms of the sexy, tormented artist Chris Merit, Sara seeks answers about Rebecca and ends up discovering things about herself she never knew existed. Chris forces Sara to reconsider who she is and what she truly wants from life, but not before his dark desires threaten to tear them apart. Her boss, Mark Compton, offers her the shelter to understand just what those needs mean to her, and what they might have meant to Rebecca, but can she trust him to lead her to a final conclusion to Rebecca’s story?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...