We'd like to welcome author, Heather Boyd,
to the Dark Nest today.
to the Dark Nest today.
Hello Reading Lark After Dark! Thanks for having me here today. Movies have always played a big part in my life. When I was young, I learned the keeping of a harem of wives wasn’t exactly the best idea Yul Brenner ever had in the King and I. From An Affair to Remember I learned that people really do stupid things in the name of love.
Love conquered all in the end, but what other messages coming out of popular fiction have I taken on. Here’s my list of favourite movie advice:
1. I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain. ... courtesy of Dune. (I love sci fi too)
2. This is true love... you think this happens every day” ... courtesy of Sweet Wesley in the Princess Bride.
3. Get a grip, people hate sissies. No-one's ever gonna shag you if you cry all the time.... courtesy Karen from Love Actually
4. Sometimes, you must choose the lesser of two weevils. ... courtesy of Jack Aubrey, Master and Commander.
5. I dare you to do better. ... courtesy of Captain Pike, Star Trek (reboot)
6. Sometimes, it’s better to tell a small lie than to deliver a painful truth. Night at the Museum, Battle of the Smithsonian.
7. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible” ... courtesy of Harry from When Harry met Sally.
8. Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out ... courtesy of What a Girl Wants.
9. A life without love, is no life at all. ... courtesy of Ever After.
I’m always keen to hear the parts of books or movies that people love. To celebrate the release of my new regency romance, Engaging the Enemy, I am giving away a digital copy to one lucky commenter. To enter the draw, simply share a memorable/favourite movie quote in the comments section.
Book 1 - The Wild Randalls
Release Date: February 14, 2012
Every great family has a few secrets best left unspoken. The wild Randall’s of Hampshire excel at them.
A duchess should be regal, aloof and the image of calm elegance. But those words have never applied to Mercy Randall, Duchess of Romsey. A widow and mother of a young duke, Mercy is lonely and floundering to keep the estate afloat. When she discovers the existence of Leopold Randall, her husband’s estranged cousin, Mercy commits to help him locate his missing siblings if he’ll return the estate to order. Although cautioned against trusting a man who would inherit everything should her son die, she impetuously hands over the estate to Leopold’s care in the hope of keeping him near.
Leopold Randall, heir to the young duke, has returned to Hampshire to demand information regarding the fate of his missing siblings. Unfortunately, the Duchess of Romsey is clueless about them, yet her struggle to maintain the estate tugs at Leopold’s sense of duty. At her insistence, he steps in to bring order to chaos while searching for hints to his family’s whereabouts amongst the old duke’s papers. Yet the duchess tempts him in ways best unspoken. He fights to hide his weakness for her and a shameful past that could see him banished again. But when Leopold discovers a threat against the duchess and young duke’s life, he must join forces with the temptress to protect his last known relative.
Heather Boyd is the author of erotic romance with an historical bent. A fan of regency England settings, she writes m/f and m/m stories that push the boundaries of propriety and even break the laws of that time. Brimming with new ideas, she frequently wishes she could type as fast as she can conjure up new storylines. Heather lives with her testosterone- fuelled family north of Sydney.
Her published work include: The Distinguished Rogues (Chills, Broken & Charity), The Hunt Club Chronicles (Almost an Equal, Barely a Master & Hardly a Stranger) and short erotic romance One Wicked Night, In the Widow's Bed, Love Me Tender, Wicked Mourning and The Almack’s Alternative.
Amazon Author Page: https://amazon.com/author/heatherboyd
Smashwords Author Page: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/heatherboyd
Book trailer link: http://youtu.be/5Qn7hZQ8nGE