Monday, January 2, 2012

My Book Boyfriend: Vane Kattalakis



We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.

My Book Boyfriend is..... 
Vane Kattalakis
Dark Hunters/Were Hunters series 
by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Facts about Vane: (taken from Sherrilyn Kenyon's website)

*One of six children, Vane holds a dangerous secret that would get him killed if his pack ever learned it. He was born of a forbidden union and has spent his life trying to protect his siblings who were never fully accepted by their patria. He is fully aware of the fact that every minute he lives will most likely be his last.



*Hunted by the Arcadians and condemned by the Katagaria, Vane is resolute in his protection of Fang and Anya. He is a merciless soldier who refuses to let anyone inside his wounded heart. He learned a long time ago to reject the world before it rejects him.



Appearance:

*6'6 rugged and muscular, tall and lean
*dark hair, made up of many colors: ash, auburn, mahogany, brown, black, even some blond; long and wavy, sometimes pulled back into a ponytail
*hazel-green eyes
*handsome features sharp and chiseled


*a day's growth of beard on his face
*the face of a rebel who didn't cater to current fashions
*a body that was meant for sex


Vane Quotes: 

"Better a killer than a victim."

"I think infatuation is like a garden. If tended and cared for, it grows into love. If neglected or abused it dies. The only way to have eternal love is to never let your heart forget what it's like to live without it."

"I’m partial to the truth, Lo. Good, bad or indifferent."

"I'm human," he said in a tormented tone. "And I'm not." He dropped his hand to her shoulder. "I never knew softness," he breathed. "Not until the moment you touched me in your store. My life is violent and dangerous. Its dark and twisted and no place for someone like you. I have more people wanting me dead than I can count. They will stop at nothing, and you.." He ground his teeth before he spoke again. "You'll never want again for anything in your life. I swear it on what little bit of human soul I have left."



Why he's my Book Boyfriend:
What's not to love about a tall, dark, and hansome man who is fiercely loyal and protective of his family? Vane is one of those men that comes across as the bad boy - and in many ways he is - but he's also a knight in shining armor. He is your typical alpha male, strong, independent, and in charge. But when it comes to his mate, Bride, he is a total softy.

Who is my perfect Vane?
Joe Manganiello (otherwise known as Alcide on True Blood)... There was an episode of True Blood, where Alcide steps out from behind the trees, and my first thought was OMG - It's Vane!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...