Monday, January 2, 2012

My Book Boyfriend: Jim Heron


We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.

My Book Boyfriend is..... 
Jim Heron
the Fallen Angels series 
by JR Ward
Covet, Crave, & Envy
My ideal Jim is Wentworth Miller.
Facts:
Former military assassin & rootless carpenter for hire
Loner – strong, silent type

Becomes our savior (though not in a technical, biblically accurate sense) for Team Angel, in the end game between good and evil.

Appearance:
Rough and tumble sort of guy, rugged

Blond, built
Gravelly deep voice 

Mmm, Wentworth Miller. I know he’s not blond, and perhaps not playing for my team, but you gotta enjoy looking at him. 



Jim Quotes:

“But that was life: Nobody got a guided tour to their own theme park. You had to hop on the rides as they presented themselves, never knowing whether you would like the one you were in line for...or if the bastard was going to make you throw up your corn dog and your cotton candy all over the place.” 
 Crave

“I'm an angel not a frickin' saint.” 
 Covet


“Bottom line? As much as you wanted someone to change and believed they could, they were in control of their life. Not you. And you could throw yourself against the wall of their choices until you were black-and-blue and dizzy as hell, but unless they decided to take a different road, the outcome wasn’t going to be what you wanted.” 
 Crave


Why he’s my Book Boyfriend:
He’s the much loved mysterious alpha male character JR Ward writes to perfection and I’m sorry if it makes me a typical, swoony female, but that really melts my butter, and so does his constant struggle to remain true to himself as he battles for our souls.

***Fun tidbit – Fritz Perlmutter from The Black Dagger Brotherhood is his landlord! (White farmhouse, possibly Mary or Bella’s) This cross pollination of series by my favorite author is AWESOME SAUCE and tickles my cheesy fangirl side.***



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...