Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Wicked S.O.B.
Author: Zara Cox
Publisher: Forever Yours
Publication Date: Aug. 8, 2017
Page Count: 135
Buy it at: Amazon
Source: eBook kindly provided by Forever  Publishing for an honest review
Audience: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance


My thoughts:

Quinn Blackwood is a man who has built his whole life around getting revenge on those who caused the death of his mother. Along the way he meets Elyse Gilbert. Fast forward to after Quinn has obtained his revenge. His whole life has been about making others pay and now that he has accomplished that he doesn't know how to move on. All he knows is that he can't/won't let Ellie go. It's as if he's addicted to her and every minute that she is away from him he goes through withdrawl. Ellie understands his inner demons and won't leave him alone to deal with them. She is hoping that they can move their relationship to a lifetime one, but knows that they walk a fine line with his obsession.

This is a short novella that follows up Beautiful Liar. I hadn't read Beautiful Liar before this book, but the author does a good job of referencing the first book just enough so that you are not lost in Wicked S.O.B. I really liked this book, though at first I wasn't sure if I would because of Quinn's obsession with Ellie, but Ms. Cox does a great job of moving the characters forward. Being a novella, the book is fast paced and their is some intrigue left over from the first book that adds to the story.

I give Wicked S.O.B. 5 little birdies. The book is hot, well written, and I like the way she resolved the couple's issues. I will definitely be looking for more books by Zara Cox.






Blurb:

For so long, I lived for revenge. Now I live for her. 
Ask anyone and they'll tell you that Quinn Blackwood is not someone you mess with. I see. I want. I take. And you better not get in my way. That's how I built my billion-dollar empire. That's how I made my enemies pay. That's how I won the one good, pure thing in my life, Elyse "Lucky" Gilbert. But after what I've done, my luck may have run out.

There is a fine line between love and obsession.
I'm not a fool. I didn't think coming back to Quinn would be easy. That we would fall into a happy future and the darkness inside him would just disappear. Still, after everything we've been through, I couldn't leave him to fight his demons alone. I've tried to convince myself nothing else matters as long as we're together. But if I give him what he needs, will there be anything left of me?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...