Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Book Review: Reflected In You

Reflected In You
(Crossfire #2)
By: Sylvia Day
Published by: Berkley Trade
Release Date: October 2, 2012
Genre: Erotic Fiction
Source: Purchased/Owned by Reviewer
Buy it on Amazon or Barnes & Noble

My Thoughts:
I'm going to be brutally honest, but for the first half of this book I was bored and on a serious mindset of stopping reading. The story didn't rear to life until well past the middle of the book. For me as a reader, I'm shocked that I continued to read. I was far more aggravated with their constant arguing and the perpetual sex scenes. There are only so many times you can throw sex into a book before the reader grows bored and it becomes unbelievable. Once the story actually gained depth of more than sex and arguing, it became a page turner. 


I enjoyed the spider web of details and drama the author had strategically placed together. Little pieces of bread were left through the books for the reader, metaphorically, of course, and slowly we began to see these little pieces pulled together. It held drama, angst, passion (even in the arguing) and despair. If you couple all those together you can bear through sex and arguments, but not if the entire relationship and plot becomes that. Sylvia Day slowly turned the book around -- otherwise based on the first half of this book it would have been a three birdie rating. Gideon Cross to me is not the strong character of this book. Yes, he is a force, but I would consider the strong character here to be Eva Tramell. 

This book continues to be what I call a train wreck waiting to happen. I know it's going to happen, but I can't seem to look away. Will I continue to read this series? Yes, I will. Stay tuned for book three review.



Summary from Goodreads
Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine. 

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. 

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...