Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Book Boyfriend: Zsadist

We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well.

My Book Boyfriend is Zsadist from The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward.

Stop me if you've heard this one from me, actually don't! I know I have subjected many a friend, err, victim, to my drunken professions of love for Zsadist, but if you haven't been so lucky I will give you my condensed version: I love this character. From the first introduction of Zsadist in Dark Lover I was smitten. He's the guy that sits back in the corners looking dangerous and unobtainable. The guy that's worth the wait and the long bumpy road that brings him closer to you. He's THE Bad Boy. He's never going to be perfect, or fixed and I love that Ward left him that way instead of turning him into the perfect hero, she left him as the beautifully flawed hero. He is a beautiful contradiction-- Lethal, but vulnerable and gorgeous, but terrifying. He is exactly what my mother had warned me about, and exactly the type I would seek out. I think it's his attitude as much as his appearance that draws me in.

Introduction to Zsadist taken from J.R. Ward's website:

Zsadist: the most lethal of the brothers. A former blood slave who was mercilessly tortured during the first hundred years of his life, Z is the one who has fallen farthest from grace. But he is utterly worthy of redemption.

Description of Zsadist:
Ward's description on her website:

As I think about him, I picture his face and the scar that intersects it. I see his glossy all-black eyes. His skull trimmed hair. His pierced nipples. The tattooed blood slave bands around his throat and wrists... I can almost feel the anger and the erotic threat he throws off... God, it’s as if he’s known hell on earth and carries the place around with him.

This is taken from Lover Eternal:
"Zsadist knelt down over one of the lessers, his scarred face distorted with hatred, his ruined upper lip curled back, his fangs long as a tiger's. With his skull trimmed hair and the hollows under his cheekbones, he looked like the Grim Reaper, and like death, he was comfortable working in the cold. Wearing only a black turtleneck and loose black pants, he was more armed than dressed. The Black Dagger Brotherhood's signature blade holster crisscrossed over his chest, and two more knives were strapped on his thighs. He also sported a gun belt with two SIG Sauers.

Not that he ever used the nine millimeters, though. He liked to get personal when he killed. Actually, it was the only time he ever got close to anyone."

Lover Awakened p. 2

Some of my Favorite Zsadist Quotes:

“What is your name?" she murmured.
He cocked an eyebrow at her and then went back to staring at his brother. "I'm the evil one, in case you haven't figured it out." "I wanted your name, not your calling." "Being a bastard's more of a compulsion, really. And it's Zsadist. I am Zsadist.” J.R. Ward, Lover Eternal

“Go 'head." Those freaky-ass black eyes had stared at Butch with the intensity of a shark. "Crack open that door. Run your little heart out. Run fast, run smart, call for help. Just know that I'll come after you. Like a hearse." - Zsadist”
J.R. Ward, Dark Lover

“I love you"
Z squeezed his eyes shut "Don't be a tragedy Bella" -Zsadist” J.R. Ward, Lover Awakened

“For fuck's sake, get off the cross. Someone else needs the wood.

Zadist”

J.R. Ward, Lover Enshrined



Zsadist is in The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward.
Dark Lover, Lover Eternal, Lover Awakened, Lover Revealed, Lover Unbound, Lover Enshrined, Lover Avenged, Lover Mine, The Black Dagger Brotherhood; An Insiders Guide
Zsadist's book is Lover Awakened and there is a novella, Father Mine in the guide.


Find out more about the Brothers AND Zsadist at
http://www.jrward.com/bdb/index.htm


5 comments:

  1. I'm with you. Zsadist is my favorite brother. I love the picture He is so Hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I've started reading DarkLover yesterday and so far I love it!! :) Awesome pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Zsadist's story. And I think you're right the combination of his looks, personality and background make him irresistable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell yeah! Love Zsadist! You are right that he is THE bad boy. He broke my heart and made me laugh so often in this series. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Z is my favorite of the BDB. I was so happy about his HEA. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...