Sunday, February 19, 2012

Long Hard Ride ~ Rough Riders #1


Long Hard Ride 
(Rough Riders Series #1)
Published by: Samhaim Publishing
Publication Date: 3/1/08
Page Count: 287
Buy it at  Amazon & IndieBound
Source: Purchased by reviewer
Audience: Adult, scenes of a sexual nature involving f/m/m and m/m and bondage.

My Review:
I am a cowgirl at heart, so I was excited to start the series. Having followed the rodeo scene for a while, it was nice to read a well- written account of what happens behind the chutes. I’ll be honest. This was my first taste of reading about bondage and domination, and I was nervous at first- not sure I was going to like it. I was wrong to be nervous. I have been roped into this series and cannot stop reading.

Channing is a determined, self-sufficient woman who learns the man she is with is a womanizer and a liar. Stuck on the rodeo circuit and nowhere near home, a place she wants to avoid anyway, she looks to the cowboy who every single woman in a hundred mile radius desires, Colby McKay.  He makes her an offer she doesn’t want to refuse and for a few weeks, she will become his sexual plaything. She is sassy, independent, and brave. I love her.

This proposal involves his two rodeo partners though and she has to decide if she is willing to give herself to 3 men, sometimes at the same time. She has fantasized about having 2 men, but 3 was not something she entertained in her mind. Now though, having 3 hot cowboys desire her has her heart pounding. The ride could prove to be more than she can handle, but she is up to the challenge.
Along the way though, she begins to feel for the men- all on different levels of course, but have real feelings for them. She discovers things they all wish were kept private, but now that she knows, can she stay away? Trevor and Edgar, roping partners and Colby’s best friends, find her to be a welcome balance in their little trio and watch as their buddy falls hard. The road is not smooth for the four of them. They have issues to deal with and truths to come to terms with about each other and themselves.

And the sex is hot. I completely enjoyed the way James describes the scenes. Nothing was outrageous and so out there I couldn’t figure out how it was possible for the human body to end up in a particular position, like I have experienced in other novels. I think what I like the most about the book is that I came to really like the characters. The story wasn’t just about the sex, although there is a lot of it. There is an actual story running through the book and the character development is complete.

Synopsis:
Channing Kinkaid itches for a wild western adventure with an untamed man. Enter Colby McKay bull rider, saddle bronc buster and calf roper. He knows he’s found a woman who’s up to the challenge of cutting loose. Intrigued by Channing’s bold proposition to "horse around" on the road, Colby proposes sexual escapades not only in his bed, but in those of his two rodeo traveling partners. Can Channing give up total control? Especially when not all is as it seems with the sexy trio?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...