Monday, January 2, 2012

My Book Boyfriend: Clayton Danvers


We decided that Thursday needed a little pizazz and stumbled on this meme while hanging out at one of our favorite blogs, A Book and a Cupcake. So we took ourselves over to The Unread Reader to see what it was all about and join the fun. The Unread Reader features this meme on Wednesdays, but we figured moving our participation to Thursday wouldn't hurt anything. We'd love it if you'd leave a comment if you participate in this so we can check out your book boyfriends as well. 

My Book Boyfriend of the Week is Clayton Danvers from the Otherworld Series by Kelley Armstrong. I see him as Jason Lewis, but with curls. Mature audiences only. 

Appearance: 
* Golden Blond Close Cropped Curls
* 6'0"
* Well Muscled
* Blue Eyes
* "Traffic Stopping Gorgeous"

Books He Appears In:




Why He's My Book Boyfriend:


Clay is just too yummy for words. Seriously. If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting him yet, drop everything and get your hands on a copy of Bitten by Kelley Armstrong. You won't regret it. Clay's southern accent, sense of humor, intelligence, loyalty, and insatiable appetite will be worth it - guaranteed. Did I mention he's a werewolf?



Facts About Clay:

* Native of Louisiana; Discovered in a Bayou as a child and taken in by Jeremy, the Pack Alpha
* Turned at age 6, youngest werewolf on record
* Professor of Anthropology
* Handy around the Kitchen
* Enjoys long runs through the forests, skinny dipping, and shredding clothing
* Loyal to his Pack and his Mate
* Bodyguard of the Pack Alpha
* Strong wolf mind - prefers his animal form to his human one
* Birthday: January 15, 1962
* Best Friend of Nick Sorrento
* Has the charm of a pit viper
* Is most comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt
* He's a genius with an IQ that's off the charts
* Somewhat antisocial
* Aggressive

Clay Danvers Quotations:

"Clay was one of those detestable people blessed with both genius-level intelligence and drop-dead-gorgeous looks. Blue eyes, dark blond curls, and a rugged face straight out of magazine. Match that with a powerful body and you have a package that wouldn't go unnoticed in the middle of a Chippendales convention." ~ Description of Clay




"I won't force you, Elena. You like to pretend I would, but you know I won't. All you have to do is tell me no. Tell me to stop. Tell me to untie you. I will." ~ Clay to Elena



“I don't remember the first time I changed into a wolf. One night I passed out, and awoke to find my body covered in yellow fur. My brain was beyond reacting. It took this in its stride, as it had everything else in my new life. I got to my feet and went in search of food.” ~ Clay on his transformation


"Where the hell did the pack find you two? At a beach volleyball tournament? Great tan. Love the curls. He's not even as big as I am. He's what, six foot nothing? Two hundred pounds in steel-toed boots? Christ. I'm expecting some ugly bruiser bigger than Cain and what do I find? The next Baywatch star. Looks like his IQ is low enough. Can he chew gum and tie his shoes at the same time?" ~ LeBlanc on Seeing Clay for the first time



Nick:What's this? Bedtime?  You look positively content Clayton. That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that Elena is cuddled up with you, would it?
Elena: It's cold in here.
Nick: It doesn't feel cold.
Clay: It's cold.
Nick:I could start a fire.
Clay: I could start one too. With your clothes. Before you get them off. 


Nick held up a half pair of white panties and grinned at me. "Wild dogs? Or just Clayton?"
"Oh, god." I walked over to snatch the underwear from him, but he held it over his head, grinning like a schoolboy."I see Paris, I see France, I see Elena's underpants!" 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...