Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mini Review: The Summons


The Summons (A Goblin King Prequel)
Published By: Sourcebooks 
Format: ebook
Release Date: August 1, 2011
Get it at Amazon - currently this read is free!
Audience: Adult 

This is tasty little appetizer to lure readers into the world of the Goblin King. It's not very long and only takes about 20-30 minutes to read, but I enjoyed it. I am anxious to read the series when the first book comes out in October. This was just enough to introduce me to the concept of the Goblin King and leave an alluring image in my mind. I am so excited to see where things will lead. I also have to admit that I only snagged this because the guy on the cover looked so much like Dean Winchester. However, I am glad I gave it a chance.

The Goblin King is a man who has been cursed due to his love of gold. He is bound to answer the call of the ones who summon him and do their biding. For centuries, he has lived with his curse and longed to again be human. Can the curse ever be lifted? Will anyone ever look at him without disgust in their eyes?

Perhaps Eliza will be the one. She remembers the stories her mother told her as a child of the lonely, cursed Goblin King. In a moment of desperation she calls for him - not for a moment believing he is actually real. However, she soon learns that stories for children can hold tantalizing truths.





Every fairy tale has to have some basis in fact, right? That's what Eliza thought as she made a desperate plea to the legendary Goblin King. If he could grant her wish, she'd finally be safe. He would protect her. But what would he ask in return...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...