Sunday, January 1, 2012

Book Review: Caressed by Moonlight


Caressed by Moonlight 
(Rulers of Darkness #1)
By: Amanda J. Greene 
Published By: Entangled Publishing 
Format: EBook 
Buy it at Amazon
Source: Provided by Publisher 
Audience: Adult

My Thoughts: 
Overall, I enjoyed this story. However, the editing was an absolute nightmare - I'm not sure if it was solely the PDF I received, but I hope that isn't the copy that will be purchased. Unfortunately, I found it so distracting that I could only give Caressed by Moonlight 3 birdies.

On the characters:
I found Victoria a bit annoying, and a little underwritten. I could have done with a bit more of her thought processes - She just seemed rushed and sort of flat. Dorian on the other hand, is fantastic! As the centerpiece character for a genre geared to women, he is just as he should be - Masculine, complex, and enticing, yet doesn't give away all the mystery right up front. The future heroes and heroines of the series were fairly easy to spot, which is a plus for me as a reader - It gives me something to look forward to. (I'm looking at you, Falcon)


On the plot:

It may have taken me a few pages to get into the rhythm of the story, but once I hit my groove, I was golden. I thought the time period chosen was interesting and fairly well described. the storyline really starts to punch up when its time for Dorian to set sail for home and we finally see Victoria show some more personality. I honestly enjoyed the read and the characters and look forward to the rest of the series, particularly because the author also gives us a surprise, "AHA!" type ending, which served only to tantalize me more.





Synopsis:
Dorian Vlakhos is no ordinary aristocrat. He is a vampire king, who will do anything to save his clan from complete annihilation, before an ancient curse can claim his immortal life.
Penniless and orphaned, Victoria Kingston has nothing to bring to a marriage, yet she must shackle an unsuspecting gentleman into marriage by the end of the month or forfeit her rights as guardian of her younger sister. With the help of her dearest friend, Victoria begins her hunt, and vows to stay far away from the dark, mysterious, Dorian Vlakhos.

After meeting the beautifully innocent Miss Kingston, Dorian had to have her. He would do absolutely anything to make Victoria his. One sweet stolen kiss would bring them together while a force, more powerful than any vampire, would bind them for all eternity, but treachery, war, and death rule Dorian’s dark world and Victoria would be fortunate to survive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...